Friday, April 07, 2006

Don't mean to obsess, but ...

That road! Latest guesstimate is that it might be closed for 'several months.' While I don't have to worry about my job (I don't depend on tourists driving down from San Francisco to keep my business going) it definitely complicates daily life. No more Saturday morning trips to the farmers' market - it was 20 minutes north via Devil's Slide; now, an hour or more even without traffic.

And the daily commute is fine - as long as I leave the house by about 5:30am and start back over the hill before 4pm. Luckily, hours are flexible at Google and I'll work at home one or two days a week but still...

A good reminder that no matter who much concrete and asphalt we pour on the ground, Nature can quickly regain its dominance.

Here are more pictures if you're interested. I promise to talk about something else next time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got suckered here into inspecting all the fotos on the picture link..
I thought wow, Gerry did a lot of pix; how did he get permission to approach so closely?

then I read the credit in the adr box...
Sigler

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home