Sunday, April 09, 2006

Babe the cat

My friend Erfert had an extra cat - a stray that had adopted her. Nice cat, said Erfert. But Wrong - Erf already had two cats and they didn't like the newcomer. So, after checking all 'round the 'hood for possible owners of Wrong, Erf asked if anyone needed a nice cat. Turns out, I was thinking I did. So - today was cat delivery day. Erf and significant other (Mendy) drove over to Moss Beach.



Wrong immediately disappeared into my closet so we thought we'd give her some space and went down to the tidepools.

Hey, look. There's a bunch (herd, pod, raft?) of seals.


Mendy is intrepid - doesn't seem to care that the world's largest ocean is just a few feet to his right.













This is a classic pose in the tidepools.

What the heck is that!?
















Erfert (on left) and Mendy do some sort of trident salute just before they disappeared beneath the waves. Just kidding.

We all survived and went back to the house for soup.











I had decided to rename 'Wrong' to 'Babe'. I've had two other cats in my life. The first was named Blue - 'cause she was kinda a Russian blue and I liked the old folk song with the refrain "Had a dog and his name was Blue, betcha 5 dollars he's a good dog too." OK - my Blue was a cat but ... And my second cat was named Bob (all black - Black-On-Black = bob). A very cool cat that would take a daily walk in the woods with me. So - the theme has been - one syllable names starting with 'B'. So, welcome Babe.

We had soup, chatted and then Erf & Mendy said their farewells to Wrong/Babe who was still hiding in the closet.



We thought it might be a few days until she crept out of the closet. But it only took a couple hours until she was exploring the whole house.
















And soon, just lounging on the couch in front of the fireplace.

I think this might work.

Welcome to Moss Beach, Babe.





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home