Saturday, June 24, 2006

Work, work, work ....

I don't think I can take much more of this salt mine work environment. It's relentless. Last week they loaded everybody in my group (about 80 people) onto busses and drove them 90 minutes north into dreaded Napa valley. (Luckily, I had an emergency and escaped this so called 'outing'.) Once they were in the blazing heat of Napa, they split the group into two sections: the young-uns were forced to spend the next several hours playing paint ball. The older ones were herded into a hilltop building they called a winery and made to play with dangerous chemicals for the afternoon.

Ok, Google. This must stop. But no! This week on Thursday they escalated the pressure. Loading a thousand or more of us (everyone in Engineering) onto those dreaded busses again. This time they drove us south for about an hour and dumped us on the beach at Santa Cruz.

This time we weren't forced into any scary group activities but were left to fend for ourselves with only all-day passes to the boardwalk and way too much food and drink than is possibly heathy to sustain us in this harsh environment.

We weren't actually forced to do this, but great peer pressure was applied and most succumbed to .... The Giant Dipper.

Further evidence of this degrading experience can be found here.

I'd like to report this stuff to OSHA but I'm afraid of retaliation. Guess I'll just go on vacation and hope things are better when I get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home